This summer I had the honor of helping throw a baby shower for my dear friend Lydia! Along with her sister and two other friends, we pulled off a shower for 30+ of her sweet friends and family. Lydia chose the "woodland animal" theme, and of course I relied on Pinterest for lots of inspiration.
Scroll down for all the photos plus sources!
- Flowers: Bundles of sunflowers and filler flowers, mixed and matched to create arrangements that perfectly fit into mason jars tied with blue ribbon.
- Menu: Chips with complementary dips, yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting, among many other sweet and savory treats. We made a blueberry pink lemonade that was a huge hit!
- Games: We had clothespins for Don't Say 'Baby', Guess The Number of Dad's favorite candy, a diaper raffle, advice cards, a calendar for Guess the Baby's Birthday, plus Bingo cards and word searches from Party City. I always like having plenty of activities for guests to do and just a couple games to play as a group.
- Thumbprint Tree Guestbook: Found this great printable option on Etsy. Went to Staples and printed it for less than $1. Helpful idea- keep a box of baby wipes (on theme) and a trash bin, next to the ink pad so guests can clean their fingers easily.
- Decor: My Dad helped me slice extra firewood logs for the perfectly sized wood discs, pinecones I gathered from my Grandma's property in St. Louis, 'Mama Bear' banner was DIY, and the mint colored items were from the Target Dollar Spot. The raccoon and fox came from Michael's, and I stuck the mossy balls from Target in vases from Dollar Tree.
- Favors: DIY birdseed ornaments link found here. We noticed that the ornaments lost their structure after being out of the refrigeration all day. Perhaps more gelatin would have helped. Also, making 30 ornaments was daunting! Next time, I'll remember to choose what type of favor based on how many I'll need to supply.
Sweet baby Rory was born in September, healthy and happy! He loves all of his woodland animal swag, and is the absolute best thing to happen this year.