In the summer of 2016 I worked with my dear friend Anne on the styling for her August wedding that took place in St. Joseph, Michigan. Inspired by the reception space's green and blue colored walls, and by the beach adjacent ceremony, we stuck to light and natural colors for the decor and styling details. Think seafoam, mint, pale turquoise, blues, and greens- with small nautical touches. We attempted to DIY as many aspects as we could, in hopes of keeping things cohesive, simple, and streamlined.
Scroll down to the bottom for full details!
- Photography by Ben Pancoast Photography.
- Reception was at the Shadowland Ballroom on Silver Beach in St. Joseph, Michigan.
- Painted phrases on wood DIY'd on wood sheets from Michaels, stained and painted by bride. Tutorials on the technique she used: here, here, and here.
- Watercolor table numbers DIY'd by Year of Parties! :)
- Escort cards from Minted. Similar styles here, here, and here.
- Custom cornhole set created by friends of the bride.
- 'Love is Sweet', 'Bride' and 'Groom' signage DIY'd from Target.
- 'Best Day Ever' Oreo cake topper was a photo booth prop from Michaels that we painted silver. Oreo cake created by the Groom and Mother-of-the Groom!