As with each party before this, the decorations were once again my favorite aspect of the planning process. I enjoy looking for inspiration, but I LOVE creating the projects I concoct in my mind. There's only so much planning a planner like me, can do before I have to put down the Pinterest, pick up the scissors and "stop pinning, and start making". :)
I put out mixed nuts and yogurt covered pretzels to munch on while we waited for everyone to arrive. The red crystal goblets (pictured above) came on loan from Becca, and were the perfect holders for pre-party snacks.
I swear, I love each party's garland more than the last. Many Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants claim they are on the show to find love and constantly remind viewers they are "here for the right reasons". Once this phrase came to me, I knew it would be great in banner form. I grabbed my letter stencils and black card stock, and away I went. Add some hot glue and white ribbon and I was done! Although this banner is very party specific, I like it's sentiment as it relates to day-to-day life. It doesn't hurt to ask yourself from time to time, "are you here for the right reasons?"
The GORGEOUS homemade boutonnieres plus hand written sign added lots of whimsey to the table.
My inspiration for the tissue paper flower/poof art installation came from this nursery. When I was making each flower, I had her photos in the back of my mind. I used different colored red, white, and grey tissue paper to create "flowers" in varying sizes and shapes. Get it? Flowers...roses...Bachelorette! (Here's another good tutorial on how to make the poofs. I used pipe cleaners instead of wire, but the idea is the same.)
To attach them to the corner of the room, I called on my assistant, Jason. With his help, I was able to turn the vision I had in my head, into a reality (love when that happens!). I told him which piece to add and where, and he attached them to the wall/ceiling by their pipe cleaners, with a little scotch tape. (All are still hanging, weeks later, except for the biggest one in the middle, that fell about two weeks after the party. Not bad for scotch tape!) The biggest hurdle with this project was making enough poofs, and figuring out how to fill in the space so it looked full, but not overcrowded. That red and white one in the middle was too loosely folded, and very crinkled compared to the others, but, once it was in place (and partially covered) it worked just fine.
Many times, I don't know how a craft will turn out, but I know I have to finish it, then reevaluate what needs to be changed. If I stopped half way I would end up with tons of half completed projects. Note to self, changing plans midway through rarely works, especially when it comes to tissue poofs.
Check back next time to see how all these details came together, with photos from the party itself!